Pollen Analysis Short Course – June 1st – 7th, 2014
The Climate Change Institute at the University of Maine and PalEON are offering a short course on the science and theory of pollen analysis, including:
- Modern pollen sample collection & preparation
- Sediment coring for paleo-vegetation reconstruction
- Chemical processing, slide preparation & microscopy
- Pollen morphology & identification
- Data analysis with R, Tilia, & the Neotoma database
- Evening mini-courses on R programming, social media, open science, and related topics.
The $750 course fee includes materials but does not include food or lodging. Rooms at the University Inn are available at a special rate: $79 for a single room, or $89 for a double.
Space is limited! If you are interested, please send a letter of intent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15th. Include your CV and a paragraph stating of how this course will help you to achieve your research and career goals. To request financial support please include a statement of need.
Course Poster: Pollen_Course.pdf
Jacquelyn Gill, Assistant Professor, University of Maine
Andrea Nurse, Paleoecology Research Associate, University of Maine
Simon Goring, Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Wisconsin