College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Interdisciplinary Graduate Student Award (2020) – Abigail Mann
Abigail Mann is the recipient of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Interdisciplinary Graduate Student Award for 2020. This award recognizes students who demonstrate excellence in research and/or creative activity over the course of his/her graduate studies.
The College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Interdisciplinary Graduate Student Award criteria includes:
• Evidence of ability to conduct outstanding research and/or creative activity
• Knowledge and skill in his/her area of research
• Evidence of research independence
• Novelty and implications of research performed; contribution to scholarship
• Conceptual or methodological creativity
Abby’s research interests are focused on prehistoric human adaptation and resource use in response to climatic changes in Maine and the Canadian Maritimes. Her master’s thesis research examines human-canine interactions during the Middle Ceramic period (1,650 – 950 BP) in the Maine and Maritimes region. Abby is a Climate Change Institute MS student and is advised by Dr. Bonnie Newsom. Abby received her bachelors degree from the University of Southern Maine.